1) Go on Offense ASAP (Whereas everybody else is slacking)
Firstly of the 12 months, you’ve got the chance to go on offense whereas most artists are procrastinating within the aftermath of the vacations. Whereas they repeat the essential mistake of ready to take motion, you will be off and working – getting a giant head begin.
We see it yearly, savvy artists & musicians enter January with a launch schedule, price range, and promotion plan dialed. In the meantime, their competitors spends January and February shifting at a snail’s tempo.
At Playlist Push, the artists that launch campaigns in January typically see a serious surge in traction as there’s merely much less competitors, whereas listeners are ravenous for brand spanking new music to begin their 12 months.
In the event you really feel a bit unprepared, it’s all good, simply get shifting now. And in case you will not have new music for some time, keep in mind the advantages of selling a earlier launch.
2) Plan out Your Yr and Set Your Objectives
Break up the 12 months up into quarters. Q1-Q4. Set your quarterly targets, maintain them lifelike however difficult, and push your self to stretch this 12 months.
Reply huge guiding questions (examples under):
The place do I need my music profession to be by finish of 2023?
- Have a full-time supervisor and reserving agent
- Enhance my streaming revenue by 3x
- Launch a brand new merch line
- Launch 15 new songs
How can I be on offense all-year lengthy?
- Launch new music each month
- Execute a advertising plan for every launch
- Prioritize time and headspace for writing/recording
- Leverage instruments & software program to automate and streamline
- Leverage my staff, delegate (or construct a staff)
Along with creating an overview of your 12 months with a recording schedule and launch schedule, now could be the time to set timelines for profession targets like getting a supervisor and reserving agent.
The bottom line is to chunk every thing down into smaller items and timelines which are actionable.
Purpose and Motion Plan Instance
Purpose: Signal with an skilled Artist Supervisor or Administration Workforce by finish of March 2023.
- Analysis potential managers/firms and compile an inventory of candidates
- Ask different artists and business connects for suggestions, contacts, and introductions
- Put together 1-sheet and electronic mail outreach template with accomplishments, stats, and hyperlinks
- Execute outreach – full-court press (emails, calls, textual content, dm’s)
- Schedule as many related cellphone calls and in-person conferences as doable
- Decide prime candidates
- Do deep dive analysis of prime candidates
- Interact in 2nd and third spherical talks to totally vet prime candidates
- Decide particulars of the settlement, authorized assessment of the settlement
- Launch a full-time or trial settlement
3) Streamline Your Social Media
Social media can simply devour an excessive amount of of your time and power as an artist and take you away out of your craft. It’s far too straightforward to let it grow to be a black gap that finally ends up hurting your profession.
However let’s be actual, you want it, and when used nicely – and effectively it may possibly have a big impact.
The bottom line is to make your life straightforward and get days or even weeks forward of your posts. That is the way you keep away from social media stress and burnout.
You wish to keep away from losing a ton of time enthusiastic about social posts on the fly and utilizing your psychological bandwidth on developing with one thing new every time.
Tip #1: Decide your repeatable codecs and construct a schedule:
- Share music snippets on IG posts/tales, TikTok within the weeks main as much as a launch
- Make movies of you within the studio – share the method
- Construct a group of high-quality pictures of you or your band by working with a photographer, then create a social media launch schedule of posts with quotes out of your lyrics
- Share posts that your followers tag you in on IG tales
- Share acoustic variations of your songs or covers
Tip #2: Prioritize what works and feels genuine:
In an ideal world, you would be crushing it on each social platform, however with out a staff in place to handle this, it’s going to be laborious to drag off with out burning out.
In the event you’re managing your individual social media, concentrate on the channels the place you get essentially the most engagement and the place really feel just like the medium matches your strengths. Doing what feels good, natural, and genuine goes to yield the very best return.
There’s a whole lot of strain for artists to be energetic on TikTok, and for good cause, however in case you’ve tried it or determined it’s actually not for you, then skip it. As a substitute, promote your music on TikTok via different creators.
4) Spend money on Actual Music Promotion
You’ll be able to comply with the entire steps above, however you’ll be lacking out on the important thing ingredient to make your 2023 plan take off with out a promotion plan.
You gotta construct the hearth with a robust basis (steps 1-3) however then set it ablaze by pouring the gasoline on (advertising & promotion).
What are the very best music promotion methods in 2023?
With out query, the reply continues to be Spotify Playlist Promotion and TikTok Music Promotion. This continues to be the place essentially the most profitable artists, managers, and labels are centered.
Getting your music on high-quality related playlists stays the highest technique for constructing your streaming presence.
In the meantime, TikTok’s affect is rising stronger, persevering with to drive label offers for impartial artists.
What makes Playlist Push Completely different?
We’re essentially the most skilled firm in playlist promotion – working with over 20,000 artists since 2017.
In an business the place authenticity and belief are essential we place the very best precedence on working solely with high-quality, natural playlists & creators with actual listeners & followers.
Our tech-forward strategy means that you can run extremely focused campaigns at scale, driving long-term outcomes.
Trying to Promote your Music?
Use our TikTok Music Promotion and Spotify Playlists Promotion service.