Historical past: Starting with the 2019-20 season, U.S. Determine Skating debuted a national qualifying competitive pipeline for ice dance (in addition to singles and pairs). Whereas junior and senior groups qualify and compete on the annual U.S. Nationwide Championships, athletes on the juvenile, intermediate and novice degree will comply with a a lot totally different path that culminates in a U.S. Ice Dance Closing (November) and for high finishers, a Nationwide HIgh-Efficiency Improvement Crew Camp (January). The pipeline focuses on their imaginative and prescient: Establish. Develop. Promote.
The Nationwide Qualifying Collection (NQS) is a sequence of official U.S. Determine Skating accredited competitions hosted individually by member golf equipment nationwide which can be held in a normal format and wherein athletes earn a rating. They may earn a placement within the particular person competitors they enter, an general nationwide rating of their degree and a regional and sectional rating. The competitions are held between June 1 – September 24 and serve juvenile – senior rivals in singles, dance and pairs.
- Athletes should enter the NQS straight with U.S. Determine Skating.
- As a consequence of restricted aggressive alternatives, ice dance athletes are usually not restricted and may register for as many official competitions as they select.
- Solely the athlete or group’s highest Whole Rating (TS) counts.
- The highest six rating singles athletes in every part earn a bye to the Sectional Singles Closing.
- The highest three rating dance or pairs groups nationwide earn a bye the U.S. Pairs or U.S. Dance Closing.
- Athletes obtain an official ‘nationwide rating’ and a certificates and pin to acknowledge their achievement.
- To maximise qualifying season readiness, athletes are inspired to make the most of non-NQS competitions to discover new materials, attempt new components and acquire beneficial suggestions.
How Do I Register for the NQS?
Athletes enter the general NQS by logging onto U.S. Figure Skating’s Event Management System. The deadline to register is Might 28, 2019. From there, athletes enter any of the above competitions they select individually, by the entry deadline posted by the competitors host. All NQS occasions are entered via EMS, as properly.
A present membership for the 2023-24 season is required to finish the EMS Collection Utility (membership have to be totally processed with house membership AND U.S. Determine Skating) and take part in accredited NQS Competitions.
All NQS occasions will likely be performed in accordance with the principles and procedures outlined within the NQS Participant Handbook.